Since 2015, the UNC has housed an innovative microscopy platform: transmission (TEM) and scanning (SEM) electron microscopy platform. A first in the country, this high-tech equipment of CRESICA (financed by a State inter-regional authority contract and Glencore) is intended to be used by all members of the consortium as well as by the country’s industrialists. The two electron microscopes have a variety of configurations and are accompanied by a sample preparation laboratory.
A team of 3 people (technician, engineer and professor-researcher) provides methodological support, user training, equipment maintenance and scientific coordination of the electron microscopy platform (P2M).
They provide many possibilities for industry, research and training, from observing a sea snake scale or preparing mineral samples to characterising asbestos fibres.
- Sample preparation (in TEM and SEM)
- Training in sample preparation and observation
- Autonomous observation sessions
- Assisted observation session
- Long-term collaborative project
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM): JEOL JSM – IT 300 LV
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM): JEOL 1400
- Chemical microanalysis: EDX Cam 80 probe and Aztec software, Oxford for SEM and TEM
- Cryo-microscopy station
For any requests for information or use of the platform:
Phone: (+687) 290 580
The platform is located on the university campus in the Research and Innovative Education Centre, Sigma building.