- Research and Innovative Teaching Centre
- Student Centre for Innovation, Transfer and Entrepreneurship (PEPITE NC)
- Equal Opportunity Mandate
- University Foundation
- Generation UNC
- Observatory of Student Life
- Scientific Policy
- Doctoral School
- Research Teams
- New Caledonia
- Electron Microscopy Platform
- International and Partnerships
- Partnerships for Further Education
- Regional and International Cooperation
- Partner Universities
- Inbound Mobility: Coming to Study at UNC
- Outbound Mobility: Going Abroad to Study
- Learning Languages
- Student Life
Learning French for Students
French Summer School
Between November and December every year, UNC welcomes around 40 international students who follow an intensive French programme in New Caledonia. The visit is organised around a practical French course, coupled with cultural visits and a series of thematic conferences (history, geography, politics, environment, culture, etc.). Students are assessed, graded and awarded a university certificate and ECTS credits upon completion of their course.
The programme lasts three weeks and is aimed at students with a B1 or B2 level in French.
- B1: Can understand the main points of clear and standard conversation on familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure, etc.
- B2: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialisation.
Learning French for Teachers
Linguistic And Cultural Immersion Programme For English-Speaking Educators
This course is aimed at English-speaking educators that teach French as a foreign language (FLE). It is an intensive training consisting of FLE courses, observation and pedagogical exchanges with placements in schools. Furthermore, staying with a family reinforces the learning dynamics and promotes the discovery of the New Caledonian way of life.
Learning French for all Audiences
The Pacific International Meetings and Exchange Centre (CREIPAC), a UNC partner, provides French as a foreign language course for all audiences (school, professional, etc.).
Language Resource Centre
(+687) 290 450 firstname.lastname@example.org